Children’s Market Consignment Sale
Jacksonville First United Methodist Church
109 Gayle Ave, SW,
Jacksonville, Alabama (Behind McDonald’s)
Coordinator: (256) 239-6033
Join our Mailing list!
Like us on Facebook.
Our fall sale will be Sept. 16 – 18 from 10 am until 8 pm. Friday will be our discount sale.
Children’s Market will be closed on Saturday, Sept. 19, for sorting and consignor pick-up.
Three days only!
Wednesday, Sept. 16
8:30 am-10 am: $5.00 Early Bird Admission benefiting Jax Snack Packs (Register here. Spaces are limited.)
10 am-8 pm: Open to Public
Thursday, Sept. 17
10 am-8 pm: Additional inventory in stock.
Friday, Sept. 18
10 am-8 pm: 50% off everything that has “Discount: Yes” on the tag.
First United Methodist Church is located at 109 Gayle Ave, SW in Jacksonville, Alabama, just behind McDonald’s.
Did you know that First United Methodist Church has been having this semi-annual sale since 2003? The funds we raise support our Children’s and Youth Ministries in addition to helping local families through our outreach partners in the community.
▪ We will have just about anything and everything for children and teens under one roof. This event provides the community access to a wonderful selection of high-quality items at great prices, which helps families stretch their dollars.
▪ If you are interested in shopping early, you’ll want to consign or volunteer with us. Our preview sale for volunteers will be Sept 15 at 4 pm. Consignors will shop at 6 pm on the 15th. The preview sale will end at 8 pm that evening.
▪ We are no longer accepting consignors.
▪ Children are welcome to attend the public sale and the preview sale with you. Please supervise your children at all times.
▪ Strollers, bags, infant carriers, etc. will be tagged upon entry for security reasons.
▪ Any diaper bags or purses brought into the sale must be no larger than an 8.5 x 11 paper.
▪ A photo ID is required for debit/credit card purchases. We can only accept cards that have the new security chip in place. There is a $10 minimum for card transactions. We do not charge a fee or have a surcharge for using a credit/debit card.
Registration for Children’s Market is now closed. We are no longer accepting consignors. If you are interested in shopping during our preview sale, please consider volunteering with us.
Our consignment events are usually held twice a year. Consignment events are a great way to score incredible deals as a shopper (up to 90% off retail), and to make top dollar as a seller on your gently used items. We will accept the first 150 consignors. After those spots are full, we’ll open spaces for restocking consignors.
Our consignors receive 75% of their sales. Consignors who work 12 hours will receive an additional 5% of their sales.The church’s portion of the sales is used to help families referred to us from local non-profit organizations and to support our Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry with outreach, special projects and mission activities.
Fall Drop-Off Dates: Sunday, September 13 and Monday, September 14.
Deadline to enter items is 10:00 AM on Sunday, Sept. 13. Unsold Item Pick-Up is Sept. 19 at 1 pm.
Consignor fee: $8.50 (deducted from your check)
Consignors may use any type of hanger for clothing, but please make sure clothes hang securely and neatly.
Unsold Item Pick-Up – 1 pm – 3 pm on Sept. 19.
All items must be priced $2 and up. Here’s a handy pricing guide for our consignors: http://goo.gl/RpWBPS.
Our volunteers keep our sale running smoothly and are the most vital resource we have. If you’re interested in volunteering with us, follow this link to sign up: www.mysalemanager.net/wrk_start.aspx?partnercode=CMKT. Free childcare for volunteers will be available on Sunday and Saturday by reservation. Email email@example.com to reserve childcare.
If you are a friend of the sale who wants to help but does not want to shop early, we’ll take your help at any time. Thanks for helping us!
Any volunteer who wants to shop at the preview sale must help for a minimum of 8 hours. Four of those hours MUST be during set-up or sorting (Sunday, Monday or Saturday). The other four hours can be any of the other shifts during the week. You can sponsor another person to work in your place (husband, mother, child over the age of 13, etc.) and you will receive the credit for their hours.
Only one preview pass will be distributed for each volunteer who works 8 hours. The preview sale will be for consignors and volunteers only. No additional passes will be offered via social media promotions or by request from current volunteers. (That means a smaller crowd while you shop and more merchandise for shoppers during the public sale.) Consignors who volunteer 12 hours will receive an additional 5% of their sales.
Our volunteer preview shopping time will be 4 pm – 8 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 15th. The consignor preview shopping time Preview Changeswill be at 6 pm.